Saturday, July 28, 2007

Camping

If you head over to my brother's blog (www.sybarite.us), you will read a well-written and thoughtful entry about an upcoming camping / fishing / hiking trip. I am also going on this trip. After reading brother Ron's blog, my wife became scared that I was not prepared for the trip. I suggested that I should buy some more life insurance before I go. She was upset with that idea, so I told her that I am prepared. I've got cardboard boxes and duct tape to make myself a nice camping shanty, garbage bags to carry my stuff, and I plan to go over to Jewel to steal a shopping cart to push it all through the woods. See -- I am all set.

2 comments:

Ron Nelson said...

Between Graham's ability to make a bedroom set out of an old piano, and my propensity for survival gear, I think you'll be okay.

Ron Nelson said...

Ho, Ho, Ho: Evelyn didn't realize that we were taking a canoe to the campsites. She thought we were driving out to the campsite. Now she understands why I was being so careful with my preparations. :-)