Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Dear Arianna, February 28, 2013

Dear Arianna,
    Though you will be reading these letters sometime in the future and may not know what I day I really wrote them, truth be told, I am nearly a week behind on my letters to you.  This is what I worried would happen when I started.  It is so easy to get caught up in life and forget to drop you a note each day.  I think it is partly because I am so wordy and feel the need to fill a page, whereas Mommy reminds me that a paragraph or two and a picture each day is just as good, too.  So, this morning, March 6th, I am catching up on all my letters to you as I watch my server builds run their patches in the background.
    On Thursday, February 28th, your boys, Ian and Turlough had their appointment with the veterinarian to get neutered   Though we love cats and kittens, it is so easy for the world to become overpopulated with them, and those poor animals end up being euthanized at animal shelters.  Since I had to drop them off at the vet after I dropped you off at school and the vet is close by to your school, I packed them up with us in the morning.  It was a cold day, so the carrier came into your classroom with us.  Ms. Power at first thought you had brought a new toy, like a Fur Real pet to class, and then she saw it was your real kittens.  Your classmates were so excited to see them and you were excited to show them off.
    Mommy and I were worried about your boys all day, but when Mommy picked them up after she got home from work, they were just fine, all freshly neutered, micro-chipped, and rabies vaccinated.  Turlough was a little but nauseous and threw up his dinner because he tried to chow it down too quickly, but by 10:00 PM they were back to their normal nighttime stinker selves.  Mommy tried to let them sleep outside of the office that night, but they created suck a ruckus and kept all of us, including Betsy, Misty, and Jack awake, that the next night we were back to the normal routine of them sleeping in their own room.  They were so happy to see you, as always, that they tried to sleep on top of you, pounce on you, and lick you all night.  Your love to your cats certainly shines through.

Love,
Daddy

0 comments: