Monday, March 25, 2013

Dear Arianna, March 22, 2013

Dear Arianna,
    Daddy is back to write a letter.  Work has been very very stressful and exhausting for Daddy and I got so sick on this Friday, that I couldn't even make it to work.  Mommy also took the day off, and you were so excited that she took you to school.  After I woke up at about 11:00 AM, Mommy and Daddy went to eat, but Daddy was in such a cranky mood, that Mommy decided she had enough of me and let me simmer down on my own in the afternoon and evening.  I think that was good for all of us.  When work overwhelms me, I tend to lash out, which I do not like at all, and leaving me alone to burn out is a good thing.
    You were excited that you go Mother Goose from school this Friday, so when Mommy picked you up, she took you and Mother Goose over to your cousins' house to have a play date.  Mommy then went out to buy herself two new pairs of shoes, and then went to see a movie, "Oz: The Great and Powerful". Sadly for Mommy, it sounds like the movie was a dud and she did not enjoy it.  I stayed home alone and punished myself by watching three Pierce Brosnan James Bond movies back-to-back-to-back.  They weren't very good, but they did at least distract my mind and let the medicine I took set in and bring me back to normal.
    You called me at 8:00 PM and asked me to pick you up and take you home.  I went to get you, and then we watched Mythbusters together until Mommy came home.  Mommy and Daddy talked, and I apologized for being such an ogre, and we all had a big group hugga-bugga and oyu went and fell asleep on the couch with your best kitty buddy Turlough.  Saturday and Sunday would feature adventures with Mother Goose, and Daddy thankfully not being a Mr. Cranky-Pants.
You and Turlough both fell asleep after the big hugga-bugga!

Love,
Daddy

0 comments: