Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dear Arianna, February 12 1/2, 2013


Dear Arianna,
    I am pecking this entry out on my phone while I wait for you at the dentist.  You are getting your first cavity filled and your Mommy and Daddy are both nervous, probably more nervous than you because you came in without knowing what to expect.  I was relieved when the nurse just came out and told me that you are doing amazing and I have not heard any crying coming from you in your dental room.
    Both Mommy and I feel a lot of guilt for you having a cavity.  We brush and floss your teeth, you don't drink juice or pop, and aren't a candy person.  It looks like you got our genetic legacy of being susceptible to cavities.  That we can't control, but we can make sure that you do not grow up with the same fear of the dentist that we had so that we can make sure you have a wonderful healthy smile and be part of the no cavity club.
    The other thing I was thinking about today was Valentine's Day, which is tomorrow.  Your Mommy and I have been together for fifteen years, and have so much stuff that giving each other a piece of something just for the sake of it seems pointless.  I decided to donate a dog bed to the Animal Welfare League in Mommy's name, instead.  We all love animals and taking care of them is the loving spirit of the day, I think.
    If people all over the world would support the cause they believed in with their time and money just imagine how wonderful the world could be.  The big problems of the world can be overwhelming, but if all people just made their little corner of the world better, we could solve them.
    You just came out of the dentist's office and I can take you home.  You are looking very sleepy.  I love you.

Love,
Daddy

0 comments: