Friday, February 15, 2013

Dear Arianna, February 14, 2013

NB - Since I was at school, Mommy is the special guest writer today.

Dear Arianna,
    Today is Valentine's Day and we had made all the cards (and you signed all of them with your name), and they are ready to be given away to your friends.  You had said that you were going to give the "green card (Angry birds) to your friend Jacob because he loves green just like mommy.  Talking about mom, she had left the fluffy dress for you to wear for Valentine's, but either we forgot or you changed your mind, and you ended up wearing a pink dress that had some hearts.
    Mommy had to work very late, and Daddy was at school so by the time we got to your goodies from school all the candy had been eaten between your cousins, and you.  We saw a couple cards, but the nicest thing you got was an elephant plush toy.  Mommy wanted to have it.  Today, it was also a scary day because Mommy was almost in a really bad accident, and we are even more thankful that all our little family is together.
    We did not do much today because we were tired, and for the longest while you were tired too because you asked Mommy to wash your teeth so you could go to sleep.  Mommy was tired too so you two went upstairs, while Daddy stayed to have some quick dinner. I heard you two talking for a bit, and then nothing. It is good to know that you are resting now because this weekend is going to be full again.  Your Abue's birthday is tomorrow, but the party is going to be celebrated until Saturday   We need to buy cake, food, balloons, gift, etc... But, we will write a lot more about that later.  For now, I leave you with this poem that I found while searching the internet:

Who Is She?

© Kyle J. Underwood

She's a soft cool rain on a hot summer’s day.
She makes me laugh with the funny things she has to say.

She's the beat of my heart, and the air that I breathe.
She's the sun and the wind, and autumn’s golden leaves.

She's the pride that I feel when I know she's done what’s right.
She's that warm feeling I get, when I remember tucking her in at night.

She is homework and sports, and a busy social life.
She has this beautiful smile that could light the darkest night.

She is the scared feeling I have when she stays out late.
Or the feeling that I am losing her, when she wants to date.

She's the mixed emotions I have, as I watch her mature and grow.
I tell myself she will never leave, but, I know in my heart that someday she will go.

I hope the man that steals her heart, will treat her like a queen.
Because she deserves so much more, than a man that treats her mean.

I will always cherish the wonderful times we have had.
The best part of my life was being her dad.

So now you know who she is, she's my little girl.
I love her with all my heart and I always will.
Source: Ode To Daughter, Daughter Poem http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/ode-to-daughter#ixzz2L29JQHqu

Love.
Mommy

0 comments: