Friday, February 01, 2013

Dear Arianna, January 31, 2013

Dear Arianna,
    With this letter, I have written you a letter for each day of January.  On some days, the words flow from my fingers, while on other days I seem to have trouble with writers block and someday I wait until the next day to think about what had happened the day before.  That is especially true right now on Tuesday and Thursday nights.  I hope that I can get through this class, and I really don't know if I want to continue in IT in school.  It does not hold my interest as something that I want to pay for.  I have been doing it for such a long time, the feeling is I want to be paid to do it, not pay to do it.  I am really looking into taking more anthropology, because constant IT I don't think, is good for my mental health.  I also found out on Friday, that my friend, Rick, may miss a week or two, because his company's office in India burned down and he may have to go out there to rebuild their datacenter.  Without a study buddy, this class would not only be overpriced  but also mentally unbearable.
    Luckily, the class didn't run all the way to 10:30, so I was able to get home by 9:45, and you being you, and not having a sense of actually going to sleep at a reasonable hour, were awake.  A package had arrived the day before, but a combination of you being asleep and that being a terrible work day, I waited until day to open it.  If the painting was Mommy's late Three Kings present, this was mine.
 Whatever could it be?

 If it's for Daddy's its probably a Transformer.
 
 And a Transformer, it is!
 
 It's the exclusive 2013 "Year of the Snake" version of Daddy's favorite Transformer, Omega Supreme!
   I don't have a lovely story to tell about this, like I did for Mommy, because I really do get for more joy out of giving than receiving  but it was very nice to get a splendid new version on my all-time favorite Transformer, and he will look very nice on display with my other characters.  Plus, watching Mommy smile at me as I actually manage a smile this week warmed me up inside.  It was most fun opening it with you and having your kittens slide around on the bubble wrap like it was a Slip N' Slide.  You can see on my face in those pictures that I am very tired and drained this week, but I am glad we are still able to squeeze in these small times of happiness together.

Love,
Daddy


0 comments: