Sunday, February 03, 2013

Dear Arianna, February 3, 2013

Dear Arianna,
    Today was Superbowl Sunday, which to us means it really is just another Sunday.  We went to church this morning, and for the first time that I can remember, you Mommy was very annoyed.  Instead of a normal sermon, there was a canned recording from Cardinal George which in my view, at least, felt like the Archdiocese extorting its congregation for its annual Catholic Fund.  They even wanted us to fill out the forms right there and then on the spot complete with credit card information.  When the suggested donation is $1,000 and they suggest monthly payments  my personal feeling, is you can go away Cardinal George.  Mommy must have felt the same way, because she stuffed the papers in her purse and had me rip them up and throw them out when we got home.  I did keep the golf score pencil they passed out, though.  You never know when you can use a pencil.
    When we got home, Mommy made you a grilled cheese sandwich.  You wanted to go to Baker's Square, but money is always a little more tight at the beginning of the month since we need to pay the mortgage.  The afternoon was a lazy one.  I took a little nap and then you and Mommy took a longer one, but I was up by 3:30 PM and I went downstairs to study my IT networking class.  Luckily my friend Rick sent me a video that really explained the chapter so I was far less frustrated than I would have been.  Both the textbook and the teacher aren't the best that I have had in my years of schooling, so to have it explained in a way that made sense really helped.  The studying went well into the Super Bowl, and if it wasn't for a power outage that extended the game, I would have missed even the last two minutes, which I did see on my computer as I finished studying around 10:00 PM.  You and Mommy were back down here from your naps well before that time, but you wanted to watch Disney's "House of Mouse" on the big screen, and I really don't care for the Super Bowl unless the Bears are playing in it once every twenty years or so, and my anti-consumerism bent makes me glad to miss the pointless commercials.
    Besides, it gave me time to take a break from my studies so that we could play a game of "Busytown Memory" together.

    What was really fun tonight is that you asked if you could do an experiment with warm water and bubbles in the sink, so we filled up a punch bowl with water and dish soap and made you a mighty bubble bath in the kitchen.  You then added paint, just because you wanted to see the reaction. to the water and bubbles.  It is always fun to watch the world through your eyes, because even these things than an adult would consider simple and fascinating, especially after so many hours of technical textbook reading fore me.  That's where the pictures from today come from, your bubble experiments.


 
 



    So we've reached the end of another weekend, and I am glad to report that we all had a lot of fun together as a family.  Let's hope that the week brings us much health and happiness.


Love,
Daddy




0 comments: