Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Dear Arianna, February 26, 2013

Dear Arianna,
    Today was a nice Tuesday, because I got a snow day and school was closed, so I got to come home early.  Well, early for me, which means I was home by 7:30.  Your Abuela was here and she was making home made chicken soup, which was quite a treat for dinner.  After you and I ate, we headed downstairs and played with your My Little Ponies.  We sorted them by size and type (Earth, Pegasus, and Unicorn) and then you went into imaginationland making up all kinds of pony stories.  We talked about cutie marks and magic, and all things pony.  I can safely say that thanks to you, I know a heck of a lot more about My Little Ponies and Canterlot than I think I ever will about real ponies and horses.
Do you see Misty sleeping underneath?
    Because the basement was getting cold, we came upstairs with your ponies and were playing with them on the white tables in the living room.  Then, we were both getting sleepy and headed upstairs while Mommy stayed downstairs to talk to her Mommy.  Being the kind of father I am, we watched James Bond together. It was a good one, "On Her Majesty's Secret Service".  When it finished  we moved onto to a very very bad one, "Diamonds Are Forever".  Like your Grandma, this Bond movie put you to sleep.  That is, until I went downstairs to make your lunch and spend some time with your Mommy.  Within five minutes, you were crying for me, and when I did eventually come up, you were sitting in the middle of the bed looking like you were ready to fall over.  You snuggled up next to me and were asleep within 30 seconds.  That gave me a little more time with Mommy before it was bedtime for us as well.
    All in all, it was a very nice evening to spend with you.  I will keep going to school because I need to make sure to have the education I need to keep myself employed so that I can pay the pills, but having a little Daddy-Daughter evening together was worth more than all the money in the world.

Love,
Daddy

0 comments: