Friday, February 22, 2013

Dear Arianna, February 21, 2013

Dear Arianna,
    The other least favorite day of the week, Thursday is done.  The professor let us out of class at 9:00 PM so that we could drive home in front of the snow that was coming in from the west.  I made it home with plenty of wind but no snow.  That didn't start until about 11:00 PM, but I am not complaining that I got to leave class early.  It meant that I could see you and Mommy.
    Two packages came today.  The first was Daddy's new phone.  It looks to be a very nice phone, but I will need to take it to TMobile tomorrow to have a new mini-SIM card assigned to it and have my old SIM card deactivated.  Hopefully, if you are reading this sometime in the future, that will make you smile and shake your head just as I would when your Grandma would tell me about party lines when they first got their telephone installed.
    The other package was more exciting.  Mommy has rejoined her monthly foodie club.  This is a group of folks who draw each other's names and exchange food gifts with each other.  It's very much like pen pals for your taste buds.  The big thing is that the foods should be interesting, and not something you'd pick up in the grocery department of Wal-Mart.  Mommy had stopped participating for awhile, but all things crafty really help Mommy stay sane and put up with Daddy, so she rejoined.  Besides, nothing makes your Mommy happier than a good meal, so it is the perfect group for her.
    The package contained seaweed snack, sun dried tomatoes, almond and coconut bar, white chocolate macadamia nut bar, raisin rosemary crisps, a jar of crunchy cookie butter, and caramel bites.  Mommy tells me that she is totally in love with the caramel bites.  She also loves to eat seaweed, because she is crazy.  The candy bars are all going to be work snacks.  The only thing she is not sure about is the cookie butter, which is the one I am the most interested in trying.  It's certainly fun to open up the surprise box each month, because you never know what you are going to get.  That sounded like something Forest Gump would say.
    Here are the pictures of you and Mommy opening the box and pulling out the goodies.  (I am not in them because I was the official picture taker.):







 

    I would say, it was a very tasty way to end the day.  We love you very much.

Love,
Daddy


0 comments: