Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Dear Arianna, February 4, 2013

Dear Arianna,
    Today we both stayed home because we were not feeling well in the morning.  I think you were just over tired from staying up far too late (we can blame our non-existent Super Bowl party) while I was very sick to my stomach and was leaking from both ends.  It was the first day that I can remember in a while where I ignored the computer during the day, only turning it on later in the evening to study a very very difficult chapter in my class.  I can't tell you how happy I will be when this class is over.  It has been very difficult on all of us and I noticed that I am constantly tired and short-tempered since it began.  I believe going forward that if I need formal education it is going to have to be in one of the new ways of learning with distance and online classwork where I can better control the pace.
    We did get to snuggle and take a nap together this afternoon.  Your Abuela still came over even though she did not have to pick you up, but she was so super-helpful in shoveling and doing laundry while we were under the weather and napping.  It is nice to have family help us when we are down.  And sometimes you just need a lot of sleep.

Love,
Daddy

0 comments: