Monday, February 11, 2013

Dear Arianna, February 9, 2013

Dear Arianna,
    As we thought, Saturday was a busy day.  You slept over at your cousins' house on Friday night, so I didn't have my snuggle-buddy to watch Mythbusters with as I went to bed, but it sounded like you got to sleep on the upper bunk with Raven last night on the railing side for the first time, so it's another step in you becoming a big girl.  I took advantage of a quiet morning to retake my networking test and I got a 96% on it, so that made me very happy.  I'm also happy that I've already read my materials for this week, so for the first time, I am actually caught up in this class.
    At about 12:30, your Titi Alma called and told us that you were ready to call home and that they were going to drop you off.  Mommy and I were at the doctor's office getting my prescriptions refilled, so we headed home to meet you.  It turns out that your cousins' older cousins were at Titi and Uncle Tony's house, so the three of you came over together and Titi and Uncle stayed for a visit.  We needed to get our cell phones repaired, and though that turned out to be a cluster-gaggle at the phone store, the afternoon got much nicer when Uncle Tony treated us all to a pre-Valentine's Day dinner at Sesame Inn.
Daddy being silly!
     Now of the many things that you and I have in common, is our mutual dislike of sushi.  You don't like how it looks, and I, having tried it on a number of occasions  just can't take the texture of any kind of seas food cooked or uncooked, really or the mayonnaise-based sauces that predominate it.  Luckily, I like Thai and Chinese food, which they also serve, and I ordered orange chicken for you with the sauce on the side so that you could eat them as chicken nuggets.  You were especially happy when the waitress gave you a pair of children's chopsticks which were connected with a rubber band, and you are much better at using them now than I am!  It was a very nice dinner as you ate your chicken  I has spicy tofu, and mommy had coconut shrimp, while your Titi and Uncle went crazy with all kinds of sushi!
A smorgasbord!
  After we got home, we tried to see if your now super-loose sideways tooth will come out, but it didn't   We have a dentist's appointment scheduled for Wednesday at noon to look at your tooth and to take care of your one cavity.  We brush your teeth twice a day and Mommy flossed you, but I am afraid you may have inherited our cavity-prone teeth   You aren't even a candy eater or juice or pop drinker, so all we can do is the best we can to give you a beautiful smile.
    After that day of adventure, I went to bed first, and I can only imagine what time you and Mommy went to bed, because waking you both up on Sunday morning wasn't too easy!  But Sunday is a topic for my next letter!

Love,
Daddy

0 comments: