Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Dear Arianna, January 1, 2013

Dear Arianna,
    I have decided to write a new blog entry each day this year about our lives together and my hope is to publish it as a book for you for you to have in January of 2014.  You are growing up so fast and I want to capture the little things that happen each day so that one day in the future you can look back and remember what it was like to be a little girl discovering her world.
    As I write this, you are watching the "Apple Family Reunion" episode of your favorite show, "My Little Pony",  with your kittens Turlough & Ian sitting on your lap.  We kept those two kittens for you and they really do seem to love you for it.  We came home from New Year's lunch at Titi and Uncle's house, where you had your face painted up first as a bunny and then as Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer.  I even let you and Logan paint my face a little, and if you understood much face paint drives me crazy from one of my psychological hangups, you'd understand how much I really do love you.  Now that Applejack is about to sing the barn-raising song, I am waiting for you to call me over to listen to it with you...
    ...And you did.  We listened to the song twice, and you are finishing up your mac and cheese and are pleased as punch that your kittens are sleeping next to you on the couch.  I think I'll also take a picture of you each day so we can watch you grow, so here is a shot of you watching Ponies, eating your mac, and being loved by your kittens:


    And here is the Barn Raising song you love:



  I'll write to you again tomorrow.

Love,
Daddy

0 comments: