Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Dear Arianna, January 15, 2013

Dear Arianna,
    I didn't get to see you much at all today.  I had school tonight and it ran longer than it needed to.  There are some folks in Daddy's class who do not have an IT background, so over 45 minutes of class was taken up answering some pretty basic IT questions by thee students.  It frustrated me because I think that if I could have gotten home a half hour earlier, I would have been at least able to kiss you good night.  When I got home, I saw the first floor lights were off, so I knew you and Mommy were already asleep.  Since I still want to take a picture of you every day, here you and Mommy are snug in bed.
I love my girls
    I see you are in polka dots tonight and your hair looks a bit wet so I imagine Mommy gave you a shower. And, as always, you are with you trusty blanket.  I am down here on the computer cooking up a Lean Cuisine microwave dinner (some kind of ravioli and chicken  and eating an orange.  As soon as it is done, I'll eat and head on up to snuggle with my two favorite people.
    You were a bit teary again this morning at school.  I can never be quite sure what days you'll be find, and which days you'll cry when I drop you off.  I think what is really bothering you is that I haven't been able to have one of my work from home days since classes started for both of us.  I promise that I will work from home this Friday, which will be good for the both of us.  I miss picking you up from school.  When you do cry when I drop you off, I make sure to drive around and wave at you through the classroom window so that  you feel better.
    I am going to eat my feast, take my medicine (which is really helping feel back to normal again) and come to bed.  I love you, and I am happy that tomorrow I will be able to play with you and read to you after work.

Love,
Daddy

0 comments: