Monday, January 14, 2013

Dear Arianna, January 14, 2013

Dear Arianna,
    You were a good girl this Monday morning.  I was worried since you woke up from your long nap at 9:30 PM last night and didn't want to go back to sleep that today was going to be a monster, but I think that after five years of fatherhood I have figured something out:  If I offer to carry you down the stairs to the couch, you will go without a hail of tears.  And once I have you downstairs, you'll eat your cereal which gets your engine going.  There were no tears in school today, either.  You were so eager to show off your new coat and hat, and there was fresh new freezing cold Play-Dough to sculpt with.
    You went grocery shopping with Mommy before I came home from work today and you chose a new pink bear with wings to be your latest snuggle-buddy.  It looks like you fell asleep in the cart, and Mommy took this nice picture of you with your bear and your new coat.
Your coat is the color of Rainbow Dash
I think we could take a nice two
week vacation with that!
    Once I got home from work, I was very happy because Mommy was able to get me the medicine that I have been missing for a week.  I was able to take it, and I am already begin to feel better.  It was difficult on all of us while I tried to cope without it.  We are lucky to have someone as wonderful as Mommy in our lives.
    While you were at school, you made a puppet and wanted to show it off.  You were also very happy that your friend Skye gave you a "dollar."  If you really did get a $1 million bill, I think that I might finally take a two-week vacation.
Elephant Puppet

  You've started writing your own book called "Arianna Universe" on paper since you liked Mommy's book and Daddy's letters to you so much.  As you draw more pictures, I will post them up here.  As for now, your lunch is made, your gym uniform laid out, and you've decided to turn on Disney's "Quack Pack".  In other words, another crazy Nelson Family Monday Night!  Mommy is flossing your teeth and then it is time to get you to go to bed.

Love,
Daddy

0 comments: