Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Dear Arianna, January 9, 2013

Dear Arianna,
    Today, I have a guest writer.  Her name is Arianna, and here is her contribution verbatim, with typing help from Daddy:

Dear Arianna,
    I was born on September 18, 2007.  When I was a baby, I stared doing chores.  I want to put in pictures now.




    I bumped my head on the bar outside in the playground at school today.  So they used a bag with ice and a napkin.  Then I gave it to my teacher to throw away when it was time to go to sleep.  That's all.  My head feels better.
    I brought my baby book to show-and-tell that had so many pictures, but my teacher couldn't read it all because it was too long.  I wanted to read it with my friend today, but he wanted to play at the sand table.  I kept reading my book and I wanted to show him one of my pictures  but he didn't want to look.
    I was playing with the snow at nap-time because Ms. Power was making it, so I played with snow, but then Aiden was being mean.  But I kept listening to the teacher to be a star listener.  
   So I was playing and we were reading some stories.  We read three stories.  Because I was looking at them when I was supposed to, and I payed attention to everyone.  
   My friends Phoebe and Skye made me feel better when I got hurt today.  When I was playing today, I accidentally bumped my head.  But when I bumped my head I went to the office to get an ice pack.  That's all for today.  The End.

Love,
Arianna

    Now, back to Daddy.  It actually makes me very happy that you like these letters that I am writing to you each day and I am thinking that you might appreciate them when you were older.    After Mommy gave you your bath tonight, you came down and posed as you can see from your pictures posted above.  The big news is that you came home with an injury report because you bumped your head on the monkey bars during recess, but you were fine and your friends helped you feel better.  In fact, your friend Phoebe said today that she can be your little sister because you don't have one and she has extra sisters to share.
    You went back to eating your pasta and we are waiting for Mommy to come downstairs from her shower.  I am a bit sad because I am going back to school tomorrow, and I won't be able to work from home on Thursday like I normally do because of a project at work, so I might not be able to see you much awake tomorrow.  That makes me think that tomorrow's letter will be nostalgic and sentimental.  So, time to sign off and spend some time with you before bedtime -- You're almost done eating and you are offering me some Skittles you got from your friends at school today!     
The Skittles
  Here's my favorite picture of you from tonight to finish this letter off while you clean up your dinner:
Today's fantastic guest writer.
Love,
Daddy

0 comments: