Thursday, January 10, 2013

Dear Arianna, January 10, 2013

Dear Arianna,
    Today was my first day back in school since I graduated three years ago.  Even though the class is scheduled to go until 10:20 at night, the first day was a bit shorter and we got out at about 8:45.  That meant I was able to make it home in time to see you.  It made me happy that we are terrible at actually getting you to go to sleep on time.
    This morning was tough because I have been picking you up on Thursdays and today was the first day that I couldn't.  You cried a lot in school and didn't want me to leave, so I drove around through the parking lot so you could wave at me through your classroom window.  Trust me, when it comes to school being apart from you and Mommy is the toughest part.
    I had kind of a bad day at work today.  The big project that I was hoping to be a part of got outsourced to another company.  It is discouraging that after putting in a year of hard work at this company, that they are still of the mindset that only though outsourcing are things better.  It was the thought of providing for you and in the end how unimportant work really is beyond a paycheck that lifted my spirits.  It makes me glad that from a professional standpoint, IO am going back to school to open up some other doors in the future.
    When I went to take pictures of you tonight  you were napping with Mommy on the couch, and I saw on the camera that Mommy had already taken pictures of you with your beloved Ian and Turlough.  It also looks like you were paying with them with your yarn while Mommy was teaching you how to crochet.  I'll make sure to ask you about that in the morning.






    And here's the picture of my beautiful girls napping waiting for Daddy to come home:



    I think that I hear you upstairs when you should be sleeping, so I am going to close this letter and see what you are up to.  I love you and your Mommy very much.  I am looking forward to Friday and the weekend.  We have to go star-gazing!

Love,
Daddy


0 comments: