Saturday, January 05, 2013

Dear Arianna, January 5, 2013

Dear Arianna,
    Today is your Aunt Ann's 33rd Birthday, so let's wish her a very happy birthday!  It got me to thinking that when I turned 33, you were just a year-and-a-half old.  It is amazing to think how much you have grown since then.  That was the year of real walking, a vocabulary explosion, and the change from baby to toddler. Even your toddler years seem so far away now as you are indeed a little girl.  I can't call you that, of course. I have to tell you that you are a big girl.  I will let you in on a secret, though, in your Papi's eyes you will always be a little girl, and I am sure that will annoy the heck out of you as a teenager.
    Before I jump the gun and give my self a heart attack thinking about you as a teenager, I wanted to talk a little bit about who you are now.  You are a talkative, loving, sensitive  animal loving, violin playing, music singing, crazy dancing dynamo and I love you so very much.  Today was a lazy Saturday.  We lounged around watching DuckTales, playing games, and dancing.  THen you decided to do a magic show.  I am not quite sure what the rules were, nbuy you cut up a piece of paper to make your own cards and dropped them into a hat showing us which card we had picked.  You cleverly put the same words on each card, so as far as I can tell, you always drew the right card from the hat.
    We just went out for a short trip today to the bakery to pick up a Rosca de Reyes for Three Kings Day tomorrow.  Part of the fun for me marrying into an Hispanic family was being able to celebrate even more holidays.  Your Padrino, Uncle Ron & Aunt Evelyn sent you a special Three Kings present, but we talked to the wise men, and you cannot open it until tomorrow.  You are very excited  but just like with the Christmas presents under the tree  you have been great at being patient and waiting for the special day.  No matter what is inside, I am sure it will go along nicely with the sonic screwdriver they sent you.
    So the cake is bought, and we are figuring out the food, and we should have a terrific day tomorrow with your cousins and friends.  Right now you are sleeping (the car ride knocked you out), so I had time to write. For the picture of the day, you wanted me to take burst shots of you while you were tumbling / square dancing around the living room today, so here they are:









Love,
Daddy

0 comments: