Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Dear Arianna, January 21, 2013

Dear Arianna,
    I did not forget to write you letter yesterday, it has been floating around in my head and I am writing it now when I should be studying for tonight's test.  It was a very busy work weekend for me, and even Martin Luther King's birthday was not a day off from work.  I ended up having to work most of the day, and you were a great girl.  You've really gotten very good at understanding and being patient with Daddy as I work from home.    One thing that you kept insisting upon yesterday is that after I was done working, you wanted to go to the park.  You didn't care that it was 5 degrees Fahrenheit with windchills of 10 below zero.  I told you the only way we would go is if you put on your snow pants.  This argument went back and forth for about an hour before you conceded on the pants.  I bundled you all up as snug as a bug in a rug and we trekked out to the park.
    The park surprised us with a new piece of playground equipment.  They had pulled out an old jungle gym that had seen better days and replaced it with a new gym that looks like a red stage coach.  You had a lot of fun and were very pleased that your snow pants allowed you to slide down the slides even faster.  You tried to use the sandbox, but it was frozen up like the tundra of Siberia.  About about 20 minutes, we were both frozen solid, and headed home.  We had a lot of frozen fun.  Here are the pictures:









    After we got home, I warmed you up and fed you and then Mommy got home.  She was shocked that we went to the park.  Then, I had to go up to my office and study for about four hours.  After I came back downstairs  you played Boggle for the very first time.  You were not happy that you didn't win (Mommy did) but you were happy while playing.
    Well, sweetheart, I have to pack up to go to school.  I love you.

Love,
Daddy.

0 comments: