Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dear Arianna, January 29, 2012

Dear Arianna,
    Tonight was a very long day at school.  We have moved onto a very difficult chapter and class went to 10:00 PM.  I was full expecting to come home to an sleeping pair of girls when I came home, and was very surprised to see you and Mommy awake on the couch.  Or to be more precise you awake and your Mommy holding onto you sleeping away.  When I came in, it woke up Mommy and she told me that you refused to go to sleep until you saw me.  Mommy then went up to bed and you stayed down with me while I had dinner.


    You were playing "Where's My Water" on my Kindle Fire in these pictures, with you Mommy looking suitably exhausted.  I tried to convince you to go to bed, but you refused and you hung onto my arm while I had Cheerios for dinner.  You did tell me that you were very excited because Wednesday is Pajama Day at school and you, of course, went with pink jammies.  Once we went upstairs, you fell right asleep and I was asleep right after you.
    We only got to spend about 20 minutes together the entire day, and the responsible part of me was thinking that you should really be asleep by the time I get home from school, while my heart was very happy to have you there waiting for me.

Love,
Daddy

0 comments: