Monday, January 07, 2013

Dear Arianna, January 7, 2013

Dear Arianna,
    Well, here we are on the first work Monday in three weeks.  I do believe that we were both getting spoiled with me having three day work weeks with four day weekends, and you having two weeks off.  I really liked spending so much time with you.  There were a lot of tears this morning when I took you to school.  You didn't want me to go, and were holding tight on to me until Ms. Power had you help her with the Play-Dough which allowed me to head to work.  Trust me, I'd rather spend my days with you than at work, but the bills must be paid and money saved up for our next family adventure.  Truth me told, your Daddy could get to use to three days of work followed by four day weekends.
    I wasn't quite sure what to write today.  We are all sort of tired and getting used to being back into the five-day work week routine.  Then, as luck would have it, Mommy mentioned that we had fudge in he refrigerator.  And banana bread!  And snicker-doodle cookies, all baked by our friends Tiffiney (banana bread) and Michelle (fudge & snicker-doodles).  Nothing brings Mommy, Daddy, and you together like a table full of sweets.  Your kittens were so interested in the good things on the table, that we had to put them in the basement so they wouldn't eat it.  We kept them away from the fudge since chocolate can be harmful to cats, but Turlough got himself a nice big drink of milk from your glass.  We also learned that anyone who says that cats hate walking on aluminum foil don't have cats!
Ian & Turlough seem to like aluminum
    Tonight's first  pictures are some of your poses on the couch.  You are on a DuckTales kick right now, and you were doing your impersonation of Huey, Dewey, and Louie:

                                              Huey                                                             Dewey
 
Louie
    And then you were playing with Turlough and Ian, per usual.  It's fun with thread, and a little video that I was able to run until the camera's video card filled up:

 
 
    
Here's the video:



    I've uploaded and cleared off the memory card so I can take more pictures and videos tomorrow.  Also, as I was writing this, you are telling Mommy that you want to learn to crochet a scarf like she is doing now, so it sounds like I'll have more adventures to write about tomorrow.

Love,
Daddy

0 comments: