Friday, January 18, 2013

Dear Arianna, January 18, 2013

Dear Arianna,
    I was expecting this letter to you to be the one where I wrote about all of our crafting adventures tonight and the super dinosaurs that we all painted together.  Well, it started out that way.  As I was writing the letter for the Seventeenth this evening  you and Mommy were right next to me in the kitchen mixing the dinosaur paste and putting the magnets inside for them to dry and harden.

    After that was done, you decided to lay down for a little bit while they dried.  At the same time, my work pager went off and I had to go do after-hours work at my computer and your Titi Alma called to talk to your Mommy.  Before we knew it, you were sound asleep.
    We waited for you to wake up, since you hadn't eaten since I gave you a peanut butter sandwich around 5:00 PM, and Mommy was going to make you some pasta, but I guess you were like I was on Wednesday night -- Just so darned tired that you can't wake up.  Not to worry, though, your little Ian and Turlough snuggled up right next you you and you all slept comfy-cozy on the couch.
    We fed our five indoor kitties, as well as Orange outside while you slept.  Mommy even went over and brought dinner to your Titi and cousins tonight, while I stayed home with you and did work and organized my Doctor Who audio plays on my computer.  (I know, Daddy really knows how to party on a Friday night, don't I?)
    Your dinosaurs did finish hardening and we took them out of their molds, so they will be all ready for us to paint tomorrow.  Even though I am on-call this week, we do have a three-day weekend, so let's see what adventures await us and I can't wait to see how you color your creations tomorrow
Waiting for your paintbrushes
Love,
Daddy


0 comments: