Saturday, January 19, 2013

Dear Arianna, January 19, 2013

Dear Arianna,
    There so much to write about today.  The day started with Ian and Turlough meowing and knocking on the office door.  They are used to me opening the door for them at 7:00 AM so they can come out from their nighttime sleeping room, and they have no concept of the weekend.  They woke you up, and you woke Mommy up, and Mommy opened the door.  I got paged out by work at Midnight and then again at 2:30 AM, so I was pretty much dead to the world until about 10:00 AM.  Then, we had eggs and pancakes, and you once again helped us cook by cracking the eggs.  This time, I have a video of it:
    Since I was still very tired from working through the night on my job, Mommy took you out craft shopping while I took a nap.  Here is your day in your own words (with Daddy typing as fast as he can to keep up):
    I want Daddy to know that I am so tired after all of my playing.  Today I went to the crafty store with my Mommy to get crafty stuff.  Then I cracked the eggs myself when I made eggs today.  I wanted syrup to go with my pancakes.  I went to the bakery with my Mommy to get treats and I wanted a lot of sweets because they are so tasty.  The bakery smelled so good and I picked a cookie that was shaped like a heart.  
    When I was awake I woke up my Mommy today because of the cats, so we had to open the door because they wouldn't stop meowing and making noise, so I went downstairs with them to play and then when I tried to go back to sleep, they kept me awake because they are so playful.
   At the craft store, I got fake flowers and yarn for my blanket.  We bought colors and I bought a chocolate which was for me.  I painted my dinosaurs, but I didn't want to use all the paint, because I want to paint more dinosaurs with glow in the dark paint and we are going to paint them tomorrow because we need to make more dinosaurs and it is too dark right now and we need more light.
   When it was night, my Dad and I  played the monster game where I hide, because he was trying to catch me, and when I got scared, I would run and then the kitties got scared, then we played until we were done racing and chasing.  Then Daddy wore me like an Arianna hat and then an Arianna shoe.  Then I played my Pony games, and then Daddy and I made two puzzles of robots and planets, and then I got super super tired because of all the things I did today.
   That's all.  Now I want to read this from the top to bottom.  Good night, Daddy.  The end.
    Now, how could I top that letter?    We did take a lot of pictures of you today, so here are some of your photo adventures with commentary.
   While I was still asleep in the morning, you did play with your kittens, and here is some of the kitten action from the day:
 

 
     You also helped Mommy feed the birds and squirrels today.  It was a beautiful sunny day of 48 degrees today, but it already plunging tonight (we can hear the wind) and it will be only 15 degrees tomorrow.  Here are some outdoor pictures:
 
     As I went to lie die to take a nap, here are your kittens using me as a big pillow.  I guess everyone likes Daddy's Big Tummy:
     As you said, your dinosaurs did get painted today.  I really like how these pictures of you came out.  I also liked your pose with Ian and the Heart you painted all by yourself with your extra paint:
 
  
     And here are the delicious treats you brought home with Mommy.
     And finally, what better final pictures that my two intrepid explorers home from a day of adventures:

     Now, it is getting late, and hopefully I will get to sleep through the night.  We had a lot of fun today, and I hope that we can have more of the dame tomorrow.

Love,
Daddy












0 comments: