Thursday, January 17, 2013

Dear Arianna, January 16, 2013

Dear Arianna,
    I spent a lot of Wednesday night sleeping, so I am writing this on Thursday morning.  Mommy had a dentist appointment at 6:00 PM so I was the one to pick you up from Titi's.  Your were playing a game on the Games for Girls website all about making cake and some sort of cake balls on Popsicle sticks.  They looked good.  Maybe one day you can make real ones for Daddy.  I do have quite the sweet tooth.  After I finally got you into the car, you told me all about your day at school, making penguins, singing songs in Spanish about the times of day, learning about Martin Luther King.  You also ave me the scoop of who got sent to the Time-Out chair (Aiden, as usual).
    When w got home, I don't remember too much.  I told you I was very tired.  The combination of going back to school and adjusting back to my medication has my body clock all cock-eyed.  You told me to lay down on the couch and you covered me with blankets.  I do have a vague recollection of Mommy coming him, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get up.  Eventually at about 10:30, I got up enough to take a few pictures of you being silly and then take you up to bed.


     After we were snuggling in bed and you fell asleep, Mommy gave me some sad news that we have not shred with you yet.  When Mommy went to feed our hamsters, she saw that the tumor on Teddy's left arm had swollen to about the third of the size of her entire body.  Because we didn't want her to suffer anymore, Mommy took her to the emergency vet where she was put to sleep.  Mommy will no doubt talk to you about it tonight while I am at school, and it is certainly one of those times where I am very unhappy being back at school -- I should be there with you and Mommy and talk about it a a family.
    Regardless, tonight I'll write about your little Teddy and post up some pictures to remember her by.  I love you.

Love,
Daddy.

0 comments: