Sunday, January 13, 2013

Dear Arianna, January 13, 2013

Dear Arianna,
    Tonight's letter finds you asleep on the couch, no doubt wiped out from your adventures with your cousins last night.  You didn't get home until 2:00 AM!  I was fast asleep hours before, but Mommy stayed up for you.  This morning when I asked you if you were out drinking last night, you said, "Yes, Daddy.  I was drinking milk."  From what you told me, your cousins' family had a breakfast party at night for Jojo's birthday.  There were waffles (which you wouldn't eat), French toast (ditto), and eggs (none for your tummy).  Thankfully, there were also pancakes, which you did eat and there was both chocolate and vanilla cake for dessert.  I'll let you guess which cake you went for.  It sounds like you had a lot of fun.  Titi Alma was going to take you home with her to sleep overnight with your cousins, but you insisted on coming home because you wanted to sleep with Mommy & Daddy, so you did.
    I've been having trouble sleeping the second half of this week since I ran out of my prescriptions for my heart and my head, so we were both woken up by the phone call this morning from your Grandpa   A friend of theirs from back in the days when we went to Saint Phillip Lutheran Church passed away at the age of 88, Emil Paska.  I hope that I can make it to 88 years.  Being scared about my health is a big part of why I have been eating less and working to loose weight.  Being off my medicine because of this silly switch-over in insurance has made this week pretty tough, but I am doing the best I can, and if I have been a little snappy, I am very sorry, especially to your Mommy who keeps me together when I feel like falling apart.
    After we went to church today, we went and bought you a new coat and hat at Carson's over at Chicago Ridge Mall.  Your little Size 4 coat has shrunk so much  that it is too short on your arms and leaving your buy all cold, too.  You chose a new light blue coat, the same color as Rainbow Dash, your favorite My Little Pony.  You also chose a new rainbow-slouchy hat to wear, so you could have a rainbow mane just like your favorite pony.  We also chose a new lighter purple jacket for you to wear when it is not so cold.  You approved, because it matched your purple pants and makes you the same color as another of your favorite ponies, Twilight Sparkle.  Mommy was able to find a new purse, and as she was paying, you dashed back and forth through the store making your very own Sonic Rainbow.  As for Daddy, we went over to Hallmark and I was able to get a Star Trek "Two Spocks" ornament for 50% off.
    By this time, you were very eager to go home, because I told you about the mistake the Three Kings had made and I had gotten your presents that they had accidentally delivered to the garage   You said that you were not mad at the Magi, because everyone makes mistakes.  You were very excited as you opened your presents as you can see in these pictures:



Your very first train!
    You were so excited because the Wise Men did not forget to get you your very own My Little Pony Train.  You have been asking about it since before Christmas, because you wanted to have a train just like Grandpa  and you wanted it to be like your favorite toy.  Mommy took sticker placement duty while daddy unboxed and laid the track and put the batteries in the train.  You had a lot of fun with it all afternoon.


Just like Grandpa's, except with Ponies!
    Naturally, after such an exciting weekend, you were getting tuckered out.  You saw that Turlough and Ian were getting sleepy so you made them a bed on the couch and said you would like down with them to make them feel comfortable.  Before we knew it, Mommy told me that you had fallen asleep with your boys.  Hopefully you are having sweet dreams of Ponies, and trains, and kitties.



    Tomorrow is back to Monday, and that means we all all be sad to see each other go to our jobs and school in the morning, but glad that we all get back together in the evening.  I love you, Nena.

Love, 
Daddy

0 comments: