Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Dear Arianna, January 8, 2012

Dear Arianna,
    Hooray!  I've made it to Week 2 of my letters to you.  Today was a much better school day for you.  I think you just needed to get back into your routine.  You were happy to put on your gym uniform all by yourself last night, and were not fussy this morning.  Your craft project in the morning was making snowmen. It gives me something to look forward to seeing tomorrow posted up on the wall outside of your classroom.  And to top it all off, your friend Ceci visited for a short play-date this evening, so your Tuesday was better than your Monday, that is for sure.
    Tomorrow is show and tell, and you will be taking a great thing to show: the book that Mommy made for you based on her blog of the first five years of your life.  It was here making that book while quarantined for her radiation treatment that inspired me to write this daily blog to you.  It is amazing to go through a book that shows you growing up from a little baby to the wonderful girl you are now and that captures all those little moments of life that we might forget as we pass through each day.
    You love the book so much that you were crying when Mommy took it upstairs because you thought she was taking it away.  It makes Mommy very happy that you love the book of your life so much.  It truly came from her heart.
You and Mommy opening the book of your first five years.
    One of the pictures in your book was you sitting on my lap.  I asked if you were too much of a big girl at the age of five to sit on my lap.  This was your answer:
 Never too old for Daddy's Lap

    In other exciting news, as you asked about yesterday, Mommy started teaching you about crocheting tonight.  I can't write much about what the teaching is like, because I have all the knitting talent of a doorknob, but I can't wait to see what creations you will make in the years ahead.  Daddy could always use a nice 18 foot long scarf like the Fourth Doctor.  It does sound like from you and Mommy right now that you want to skip the entire making a chain portion of your lesson straight to making mittens.  You always want to fly before buying your airplane ticket, my little sweetie.
Mommy reports that you made it through two stitches on your own.
     The hour is drawing late, and I have to get your lunch and snack together, but what would my daily letters be without another picture of you loving your kittens.  While you watched a bit of "DuckTales" tonight, you were once again super-happy that Turlough snuggled up with you.



    Let's see what excitement Hump Day brings. Time to make your lunch.

Love,
Daddy

0 comments: